Saturday, July 4, 2009

'Read Between the Lines': My 'Pomes'


It will be a night to remember,

Sitting by the resonant sea shores,

Awaiting the first light of the dawn,

When you will like the eternal sun, rise in my eastern sky,


The sky has in my bridal veil studded all its stars,

And the seas have strung together all precious pearls into a necklace,


The very thought that I'll be your bride,

Brings my lips that everlasting smile,

And with the lilac of the dawn, adds blush to my face,


All the birds and the bees in chorus will sing the bridal song,

And all the buds in the gardens will flower at dawn,

Which I’ll wreath together into a garland for you,

As all my dreams about you, come true,


I’ll cherish this wait, all night long,

Only to await the dawn,


When you’ll upon your horse come,

And take me away, with my hand in yours,


The heavens above will shower blessings,

As you and me will vows exchange,

To live and be for each other, for several births to come,


As I start a fresh journey with you,

Together with my hand in yours,

And step into your world,


My eyes will gleam, with tears of joy,

My love for you will abound,

And in your arms, I‘ll forget myself,

And spend all my life in bliss and peace,


In your arms My Love,

I'll forget the rest of the world,

And will catch upon that eternal sleep,

Never to wake up again,

Although my heart will continue to beat,

For you alone My Love,


Because without you there is no grandeur in My World,

Because in your arms alone rests My World …


3 comments:

  1. it's simply superb.. Your happiness is explicit in every lines...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for the feedback :) i feel encouraged when i get such comments for my poems . and i feel blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Optimism and dreams form your forte I guess and boy! You do have a lot of dreams:) all the best with that.. It is neatly expressed.. Keep up the writing spirit!!!

    ReplyDelete