Friday, August 7, 2009

'Read Between the Lines': My 'Pomes'




On a pleasant morn in spring,
When all flowers were in full bloom,
I like a tiny leaf, also woke up to his gentle feel,
In search of which I did a new journey begin,

A thundering, stormy night,
Broke the leaf away from its tree,
In search of that gentle feel again,
I tried tracing his footprints,
Which the ruthless downpour,
Had wiped all away,

The dry wind of the fall,
Made the leaf lose its way,
Mountains I did scale,
Plains I did traverse,
Seas I did steer,
And finally I did that voice hear,

Pale and weary,
I did beneath his feet rest,
He lifted my spirits,
With the same gentle feel,
And in his memoir,
I like the leaf sought respite,

Because without him, there is no grandeur in My World,
Because in his arms alone rests My World…

1 comment:

  1. This pome is a pleasant sojourn for a tired passenger walking miles in the quest of love...it is like an umbrellous tree giving it's shadow and the branch to the tired bird to sit and rest..it injects within us the spirit of optimism and an inspiration indescribable. . .!

    ReplyDelete