Friday, August 21, 2009

'Read Between the Lines': 'My Pomes'

At the crossroads of life,
Where I found myself one day,
I didn’t have an option, with my choice,
And took the path less travelled by,

I walked through a tunnel, as dark as night,
In the hope that I will see the light,
At the end of the tunnel, I did see the light,
But not the torch bearer,

I walked barefooted in the sands of a lonely desert,
In quest of the oasis, that will quench my thirst,
At the end of the wilderness barren,
I did spot that haven,
Which turned into a mirage,
And my thirst remained unquenched,
And I was left behind, in the lonely sands of the desert,

I heard that voice again,
Which fills my life with resonance,
I followed it, till I reached the end of the road,
But the voice drowned into silence,

At last, him I did see, far in the horizon,
Calling on to me, with outstretched arms,
But like a pleasant dream, he dissolved, in the oblivion,
Leaving me dejected and forlorn,

With my faith in my love for him,
With strength anew in my heart,
I start on my quest afresh,

Because without him, there is no grandeur in my world,
Because in his arms alone rests my world …

1 comment:

  1. it makes me very sensitive to certain thoughts which I am carrying since long...by reading this pome, I want to speak Ghalib here, when he says..."Yeh na thii hamari kismat, ki visaal yaar hota, agar aur jiite rehte yahi intzaar hotaa!Tere vaade par jiye ham, to ye jaan jhuuth jaanaa, ke khushii se mar na jaate, agar aitabaar hotaa!

    ReplyDelete