Monday, September 21, 2009

'Read Between the Lines': My 'Pomes'

Whenever I miss you,
A tear trickles down my eyes,
If all the oceans in the world,
Flood and overflow with brine thereafter,
It’s all because of you,
Because you make me miss you so much,

Whenever I miss you,
All hues around fade,
If the whole world seems colourless and pale thereafter,
It’s all because of you,
Because you make me miss you so much,

Whenever I miss you,
The birds stop chirping,
The bees stop humming,
If all voice around comes to a standstill thereafter,
It’s all because of you,
Because you make me miss you so much,

Whenever I miss you,
A leaf falls down from a tree,
A flower wilts and a bud refuses to bloom,
If the fall were to stay here forever,
Not making way for spring thereafter,
It’s all because of you,
Because you make me miss you so much,

Whenever I miss you,
A star falls down from the sky,
And the moon wanes away,
If eternal darkness reigned over starry nights thereafter,
It’s all because of you,
Because you make me miss you so much,

You have to come this very moment,
Before me, right here and now,
Relieve me of all wretchedness,
Be my respite, and revive me once again,
Don't make me miss you so much,
I want to live my love,

Because without you there is no grandeur in my world,
Because in your arms alone rests my world…

No comments:

Post a Comment