Sunday, January 24, 2010

'Read Between the Lines': 'My Pomes'


Many a spring season passed,
Saw buds bloom into flowers,
And honey bees hover,
Saw orchards bear fruits,
And honey combs ooze with nectar,


Seldom realized when the spring,
In my lifetime made way for summer,
And just then did his love for me,
Like the spring itself,
Entered my life,
On the onset of summer,


Like shade brings a cool respite,
From the scorching summer sun,
His love brought solace to my soul,
Quenching a long summer thirst,
And yet yearns for more,


How am I to say,
How miserable I feel,
In his love,
That sprung in my heart,
On the onset of summer….


Will new buds bloom again...
And spread fragrance around,
Will orchards bear fruits again…
And be temptation abound,


Will perennial brooks run...
Splashing satiation all about,
Will the pleasant breeze,
Chuck all sultry disdain,
Will this summer like spring bloom again...


How am I to say,
How miserable I feel,
In his love that sprung in my heart,
On the onset of summer….


Because without him there is no grandeur in my world,
Because in his arms alone rests my world…

No comments:

Post a Comment