Sunday, October 17, 2010

'Read Between the Lines' - My 'Pomes'

There was something mysterious about last night,
When an angel woke me from my dream,
Pointing towards the navy blue skies,
Asking me to make a wish upon a falling star,

There is something mischievous about this morning bright,
Crystalline rays of the sun shimmering upon the nearby stream,
Herald Cupid’s arrival on earth, from the heavenly skies,
And my heart gets beating faster with every passing hour,

There’s something these naughty sea waves are up to, who in delight,
Lash against my feet as they quietly slip the sands off my feet clean,

And yonder from the horizons above,
I see a flock of thousand white doves,
Come flying together like message bearers of love,

All cuckoos, together sing the welcome song heralding youthful spring,
As the proud peacocks with outspread multi-hued wings,
Dance around and add to the zing,

The colourful rainbow in the skies meanwhile,
Crowns the horizon in its multi-hued style,

I know him not by name,
Nor can I fathom his looks,
Where from would he come?
Am naive about questions like these,

But I know that hour has cometh,
And that this reality is more beautiful than my dream,
Him, who is mine, with him I’ll forever be,

Because without him, there’s no grandeur in my world,
Because in his arms alone rests my world… 

1 comment:

  1. It is so poignant & expressive. Enjoyed reading it Malini. Where is the painting from? It is absolute dream-like.

    ReplyDelete